Bringing Your Business Online
Anything that disrupts trade and flow of money is bad for business, and COVID-19 does just that. The virus, contagious and deadly as it is, has practically made it risky for people to go outside and make close contact with everyone else. This means that not only do business establishments lose customers as a result but that it is no longer safe to travel to work daily and run the enterprise from its physical location. It is so much trickier for businesses to survive in these conditions, and one of the best options for any entrepreneur to get through this with a working business in his hands is to go online.
Surviving the COVID-19 Outbreak
If you have been following the news, much has already been said about COVID-19. It is a disease caused by a newly-discovered type of coronavirus that, like its more well-known relatives influenza and the virus behind the dreaded SARS, attacks the respiratory system. The disease manifests symptoms that hint to respiratory tract infection, primarily including cough, fever, and shortness of breath. At its later stages, it develops into what is essentially pneumonia which can be fatal especially to people with underlying respiratory health conditions.
As the COVID-19 outbreak wreaks havoc across the country and all over the globe, many entrepreneurs are forced to temporarily operate their businesses from home. Not many found success in the implementation of a work-from-home scheme, however, and some are even forced to simply shut down temporarily and hope for the best. Now, there certainly is no telling as to when the pandemic is going to end, which is why you have to make sure that your business can operate without any physical infrastructure in the long run. Taking your business online and going on a full e-commerce mode is the way to go, and one way to ensure that this works is by setting up a website through which your business can operate and make transactions with your customers and attract new clients.
Online Access Lets Customers Do Business with You
With everyone doing their best to stay at home and avoid risking exposure to the coronavirus, people are left with so few options to avail of products and services that they need. E-commerce is pretty much the most viable option for most people thanks to the ubiquity of the Internet and Internet-enabled mobile computing devices. If you are running your business from home, this is also the best way for you to get your products or services to your customers.
Online Transactions Are Safe and Convenient
A cashless web-based transaction is perhaps the best way to do business with your customers these days. It simply eliminates the need for close personal contact between the buyer and the seller, thereby minimizing the risk of exposure to the coronavirus. Furthermore, doing electronic transactions is so much easier than driving to a shop, getting the items that you need, and lining up in front of the cash register to pay for your purchase. That’s not to mention that online transactions have been made much easier these days thanks to convenient technologies like digital currencies, online payment platforms, and QR codes.
How Can a Website Benefit Your Business?
Now while running your business online can be easily done via social media or e-commerce platforms like eBay and Amazon, it is more advantageous for you to have a site for your enterprise. Your site will primarily serve as your online storefront where you can showcase your offers and convince people to avail of what you have in stock. In other words, it provides a clear representation of your business and what it offers, and the advantages simply do not stop there.
Consider the following:
- A proper website legitimizes your business and gives it credibility. It essentially is proof that your business exists, and it helps that recent surveys show that people trust businesses with a website more than they do those that only exist in social media.
- It can build your brand, grow your business, and connect you with your audience. A website provides you with various opportunities to further give your brand a unique identity and show off what you can do for your clients. It also lets you set up pages that you can use to attract more customers, recruit new talent, and generate sales.
- A website is a cost-effective way to market your business. It is a complete promotional tool by itself, and building and maintaining a site costs far less than, say, designing and printing marketing materials for distribution.
- A well-optimized site helps people find your business. People know what they want and they actively look for it online through search engines like Google. Given proper search engine optimization work, you can make your site a lot more visible to people who are looking for what your business can give them.
- Site analytics give you the ability to track the performance of your business. These statistics can tell you how your business is doing, and help you make informed decisions on the improvements and adjustments that you should make.
DIY or Hire a Web Design Company?
Now, you have two options when it comes to building a website for your business. You can either do it yourself if you have the technical skills and only pay for the hosting, or you can let a good web design firm to do the heavy lifting for you. Now hiring web design companies can cost you some money, but you will be sure that you will end up owning a site that will benefit your business in the long run. These companies typically take care of everything from website development to SEO work, all of which are tailored to the needs of your business. This is a more expensive option than going DIY, but unless you are a one-person web development team, your best bet is outsourcing the work to the pros.
Finding a Good Web Design Firm in Los Angeles
Tracking the onslaught of the pandemic in California, L. A. Times reports 8,588 cases of COVID-19 infections and Los Angeles County is one of the hardest-hit urban centers as 54 lives have already been claimed by the disease. If you are an entrepreneur based in L. A., now is the best time to bring your business to cyberspace, and you will want to work with nothing less than the best web design company in the area. With a well-equipped expert crew of web designers and a solid background in SEO, Webzy.io is perhaps your best choice for that matter. The company can deliver you a highly engaging site that will help your business stand out among the competition, attract leads, generate profits, and generally help your business survive as you wait for the pandemic to pass.